Photo Every Day 2007

Sunday, May 27, 2007

May 5, 2007

Shops on Arbat Street in Moscow. What kind they are, I have no idea. We usually had to look in the windows to see what was inside. I thought I could at least learn to recognize the word "restaurant" in Russian, but it wasn't that easy as they were named. One night we literally had to point at pictures on the menu to order because we could not read the menu and the waitress did not speak any English. Many places had at least one menu with English interpretations and/or someone who spoke English. I always feel so inferior traveling in other countries as I do not speak any other language and feel I shouldn't expect them to speak mine. (But that doesn't stop me from traveling-it adds to some of the fun.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home